HKPC (the "Implementation Agent of the PAG") and the HKSAR Government are committed to ensuring that all personal data submitted under various applications are handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486).
We collect your personal information:
- when you use this website to register an account, to submit application form, progress report, final report, other related matters or documents, or to change your personal information;
- when you make enquiry or provide information by telephone or in documents;
- when you login or come to this website to submit or amend any information; and
- when legally required to do so.
The personal data provided in relation to applications made under the Patent Application Grant (“PAG”) will be used by the implementation agent of the PAG, the Government or their authorised agents for activities relating to:
- process and authenticate your applications for funding support, payment of Government funding under the PAG and any refund thereof;
- contact you for feedback, survey, or whatever purposes; and
- maintain and develop our system and e-platform, research and develop our services, and conduct and publish statistical and data analysis.
The implementation agent of the PAG will contact other government departments and relevant parties to verify the personal data provided in the applications if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- to protect our rights and properties in relation to this website and other users of this website;
- to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this website or any services we provide in relation to the Fund; or
- during emergencies, such as when somebody's safety is at risk.
- Each applicant and/or applicant company may register a login account and create a private password, and our system allows restricted access with that password only.
- Access to personal information is only granted by using the authorized password.
- The implementation agent of the PAG will protect all personal data in our system, but will not guarantee that the transmission of data is absolutely secured. If you discover any of your personal data being disclosed to a third party, please contact the implementation agent of the PAG immediately.
- You should not reveal your password to any third parties. The implementation agent of the PAG is only responsible for protecting the passwords within our system.
- You should avoid saving your password in the computer hard disk, and you must close the browser window immediately after you have logged out, in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.
Changing Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, correct or update your personal data and information. In response, the implementation agent of the PAG may ask you to provide details for verification purpose.
Personal Information Collection Statement
When registering an account, user login, submission of application form and/or other relevant documents and information, you will be required to provide personal information. Mandatory information requirements are denoted by asterisks and you will be prompted when submitting a form if mandatory data has not been completed. The information is essential for the implementation agent of the PAG to be able to identify accurately who is using the service. Without such data, the implementation agent of the PAG may be unable to process your application or provide the service requested.
The personal data provided in relation to applications made under the PAG will be used by the implementation agent of the PAG, the HKSAR Government or their authorised agents for activities relating to the processing and authentication of applications for funding support, payment of Government funding under the PAG and any refund thereof and statistics and research.
The personal data and information that the applicants and inventors provided in their applications will be kept in confidential provided that such obligations and restrictions shall not apply to any disclosure which is necessary for the purposes mentioned in the paragraph above, or any disclosure which is authorised or required by law, or any disclosure which is given by the applicant/data subject. If necessary, the implementation agent of the PAG will contact other Government departments and relevant parties to verify the personal data provided in the applications with those held by them for the purposes mentioned in the paragraph above.